Connect | Inspire | Educate
What you get:
Workshops – 1 hr, 1/2 Day, Full Day or 5 day
- A Professional facilitator in traditional clothes.
- Cultural stories, background of the instruments and educational songs.
- Traditional rhythms drawn from West Africa
- Fun rhythm games to increase learning and understanding of the culture and music.
- Dynamic movement while drumming
- Fully interactive participation involves drums for everyone
- Interactive live show with dynamic audience participation – Up to a 30 minutes
- Traditional outfits
- Singing, drumming and dancing
- Students will be uplifted by this program which introduces them to the world of West African music and culture
What they experience
- Confidence boosting
- Inclusive rhythm games
- Listening skills
- Team work & Collaboration
- Positive choice making
- Co-ordination skills
- Communication skills
Big Experience, Small Costs
- 1 hour (min 10 students) – from $350
- Half day (3 x 1 hour) workshop – from $550 for a
- Full day – from $800
- Explosive Interactive Performance with up to 5 performers – from $550 for 30 minutes
- Muliple day workshops – please contact us!
We have clients approach us for a range of reasons and always customise our workshops to suit individual needs.
“Thank you so much Benjie for a fabulous performance at Newcastle Middle School on Thursday!
Our students have moderate to severe special needs, predominantly autism affecting their communication skills.
You effectively engaged them for over an hour with your drumming beats, storytelling through music and dance.
It was fabulous to see our students having so much fun together in the drum circle and participating in the dance beat in the middle of the circle.
All staff commented on how wonderful your performance was and how happy and uplifted their students were afterwards.
We would highly recommend your performance to other schools with students of similar learning disabilities.
Would love to book you in again!”
Newcastle Middle School
“You are absolutely brilliant at what you do…thanks for today!”
Jane Parks – Teacher Newcastle Grammar School
” We have received excellent verbal feedback from staff and parents for all of the workshops. The kids had a ball, and staff mentioned it was not only fun for the kids, but also a learning experience.
I just spoke with the staff at Swansea and they were thrilled with the workshop. It ran smoothly, and the kids thoroughly enjoyed it. We will definitely present more workshops at the libraries.”
Julie Dunn – Lifelong Learning Officer Lake Macquarie City Council
“Just wanted to let you know how FANTASTIC Benjie was today with all the kids!!! He was so amazing and they all had the best time… so did I! Couldn’t stop grinning and laughing …. The look on the kids faces were priceless…. they loved it and one boy continued drumming on a stool in the classroom when we went back up “
Tess Campbell – Teacher, Boolaroo Public School
”The Earthen Rhythm workshops have engaged the children and Educators alike in a positive, interactive learning experience. The music of the drum and voice is infectious. The children have the opportunity to play their own drum with enthusiasm, creativity and confidence. We love having Benjie visit and bring with him the rhythms of West Africa.”
Tanya – Manager, Samaritans Early Learning Centre, Newcastle