Drumming to be Healthy & Happy!
The primal power of the drum is undeniable. Have you experienced it? We’ve experienced it, our clients have experienced it and now science is backing what we’ve known for a long time…
Drumming is good for you!
Drumming is good for your BODY, MIND and SOUL. Whether you’re young or young at heart. If you’re able or less able we’ve seen the results. It’s like MINDFULNESS IN ACTION.
Positive psychological effects, elevated brain and social functioning include:
- Boosted confidence,
- Participant connection,
- Enhance social skills,
- Social inclusion
- Improved motor-skills & coordination (eg for stroke rehab)
- Improved self-esteem
- Enhanced cognitive function
- Endorphin and dopamine elevation
- Stress relief
- Improvisation skills
- Group unity
- It’s just plain fun!
Trained Professionals Delivering Reliable and Proven Results
Earthen Rhythms have TRAINED PSYCHOLOGISTS as part of our rhythm team so you’re in safe hands. We also keep records of our positive impacts so our results are reliable, measurable and proven.
Barry Bittman, MD, a researcher and neurologist, is head of the Mind-Body Wellness Centre, in Meadville, Pennsylvania. His research has shown that certain group drumming protocols can positively affect the immune system in your body. He has broken the AMA ‘sound barrier’ by proving that drumming can have a measurable, reproducible, positive impact on many aspects of biology, psychology and social interaction.
– Arthur Hull
See what all the fuss is about and why the ancient power of the drum is proving to be a modern day medicine.
Drumming is great for everyday adults or those with a disability….everyone benefits from uplifting rhythms. Our drumming workshops can be tailored for all abilities.
Drum Uplift Programs for:
- Everyday Adults
- Corporate Groups
- Special Needs
- Youth at Risk
- Mental Health
- Physical Health
- Other groups:
- Mothers Groups
- Private Functions
Drumming Benefits – Social Inclusion and Personal Empowerment
With our COMMUNITY workshops we’re here to help unleash human potential with hour-long sessions of infectious drumming.
- Mental Health – Weekly 60 minute Sessions every Friday at Toronto Private Hospital.
- Men’s Health and Wellbeing – 10 years of experience
- Medium to High Functioning Mental Health Groups
- Long-term Unemployed – 8 years experience
- Drumbeat Program Support – Energise your group for performances/Drumming Training
- Kids – Schools, OOSH, Preshools, Kids Parties
- Corporate Team Building – Connect, Inspire, Unite
- Adult Workshops – Maintenance of Health and Wellbeing
Previous Community Drum Uplift Workshop Examples:
- Mental Health – Weekly 60 minute sessions every Friday at Toronto Private Hospital.
- Parkinsons Disease – Drumming for Fun, Connection & Good times.
Drumming Benefits – Youth At Risk
More Drumming for Health and Wellbeing articles:
– 6 Evidence-based Ways Drumming Heals your Body, Mind and Soul
– Science has Amazing News for People Who Play the Drums
– How Playing Music Effects Your Brain Function – Video
– Barry Bittman, MD – Head of the Mind-Body Wellness Centre – Pennsylvania
Bookings or to contact us:
(m) 0407 177 564